Living in Sin City and the Nevada Partners’ Housing Program have partnered together to help culinary and bartender union members own their own home. If you are a worker covered by the Culinary and Bartenders’ union contract who has at least 2,000 hours of service over a three-year period, then you are eligible for the housing benefit that helps workers obtain the dream of homeownership.
The Culinary and Bartenders Housing Partnership provides up to $20,000 in assistance to purchase your first home!
- Homebuyer education and pre-purchase counseling in English and Spanish
- Post-purchase workshops (in English & Spanish), including foreclosure prevention
- First-time homebuyer down payment assistance loans
Key elements of the program include:
- The down payment assistance loan up to $20,000 has a 0% interest rate.
- You do not have to pay back the loan unless you sell, rent, or refinance the property.
- If you sell, rent, or refinance you pay the loan back at face value with no interest charges.
- You must live in the house you buy (no second homes or vacation homes).
- You must not have owned a home within the past three years.
- You must contribute 3.5% down payment for an FHA mortgage.
- You must contribute 1% of the purchase price for a conventional mortgage.
- Your combined household income can’t be greater than $92,010 for a 1-3 person household. For a household with 4 or more persons, your combined household income can’t be greater than $106,250.
- You will be required to complete an orientation class, an 8 hour homebuyer education course and a one-on-one counseling session at no cost to you.
- You must qualify for a mortgage – you may use a lender of your choice, or the Housing Program can provide you with a list of participating lenders to assist you.
- Funds for loans are limited and will be granted on a first come first serve basis.
If you are interested in taking advantage of this program you can fill in the form below and we will happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also call or text us any time at 702-782-5111. We look forward to working with you!